Embryo biopsy: How to implement a successful PGT program
Aims and Goals of the Course:
To understand fundamental principles of blastocyst culture, biopsy, genetic diagnosis, and cryopreservation techniques. To have an overview of current experiences and outcomes and acquire experience on how to setup and manage a successful Day-5 culture program. To have intensive hands-on in blastocysts biopsy (and cleavage stage if needed) applying the “pulling” and the “flicking” methods on an unlimited number of blastocyst at different expansion stages. Hands-on sessions are focused on all steps needed to implement successfully a PGT program, including: vitrification and warming of biopsied embryos, laser assisted hatching, tubing of cells for genetic analysis and validation of the number of cells biopsied.
Theoretical Sessions (30-45 min duration):
- “Embryo Biopsy -techniques and suggestions”
- Preparation of biopsy and embryo culture dishes.
- Setting up of the microscope and the laser.
- Biopsy of early, expanded and fully hatched blastocysts using the “pulling” and the “flicking” techniques with unlimited samples and live demonstration for each case.
- Preparation of material for the tubing of the biopsied cells genetic analysis.
- Validation of the number of cells biopsied under an epifluorescence microscope.
- Vitrification, warming and and the handling of completely hatched blastocysts.
- Laser AH in warmed blastocysts.
- Video recording and photos of the procedures performed in the hands-on sessions.
Team of embryologists providing the training:
Gloria Calderón, PhD; Nuno Costa-Borges, PhD; Enric Mestres, PhD; Mònica Acacio, MSc; Carolina Castelló, BSc.
Certificate of attendance will be awarded to participants completing the workshop
Dates: Three days (from 09:00h to 16:30h)
Prices: 3600 Euros
Depending on your experience and needs we can modify the training course by adding extra days to the course.
Avenida Doctor Marañón, 8
Parc Científic de Barcelona
08028 Barcelona, Spain