Ovarian Tissue Cryopreservation
Aims and goals of the course:
To overview the state of art of the ovarian tissue cryopreservation. The two-day course consists of intensive hands-on ovarian cortex dissection and its cryopreservation with the slow freezing and vitrification protocols. Participants will have an extraordinary opportunity to use an unlimited number of cow ovaries in order to sharpen their skills in sample preparation for cryopreservation.
Theoretical Sessions (30-45 min duration):
- “Overview on cryopreservation of ovarian tissue”
- Set up of the equipment materials for cryopreservation.
- Ovarian cortex dissection and cutting.
- Preparation of cryopreservation solutions for the slow freezing method.
- Set up of the programmable freezer.
- Use of Kitazato’s vitrificacion protocol with the open and closed devices.
Team of embryologists providing the training:
Gloria Calderón, PhD; Nuno Costa-Borges, PhD; Enric Mestres, PhD; Mònica Acacio, MSc; Carolina Castelló, BSc.
Certificate of attendance will be awarded to participants completing the workshop
Dates: Two days (from 09:00h to 16:30h)
Prices: 2500 Euros
Depending on your experience and needs we can modify the training course by adding extra days to the course.
Avenida Doctor Marañón, 8
Parc Científic de Barcelona
08028 Barcelona, Spain