An Overview on IVF Techniques
Aims and Goals of the Course:
The aim of this training program is to offer a basic hands-on in the techniques used in an IVF laboratory. The course will make special focus on giving basic training in a real IVF setup using unlimited number of samples. After the course, it is expected that the practical knowledge acquired at Embryotools will help the trainee to get more familiarized with the IVF laboratory practice and all the techniques currently used in clinical routine.
Theoretical Sessions (30-45 min duration):
- “How to set-up an ideal IVF lab: detailed description of all the installation, setup and equipment existing at Embryotools “
Hands-On Sessions and Knowledge to be acquired:
With the possibility of getting in touch with the most modern technology and equipment currently available in the IVF field and with unlimited samples and disposables, the trainee will be able to visualize and understand the following procedures:
- Oocyte and embryo handling using different types of pipetting devices.
- Oocyte-cumulus handling during oocyte pick-up and stripping.
- Oocyte, zygote, embryo and blastocyst morphology assessment.
- Embryo culture up to day 5/6
- Embryo transfer from the lab’s perspective: pros and cons of different ways of loading the catheter
- Temperature measurements
- Disposables out-gassing
- Handle of media and oil: aliquoting, storage, preparation of dishes (the overlaid and underlaid methods) for gamete and embryo manipulation and culture
- Aseptic techniques for handling media, disposables, gametes and embryos
- Measurement of pH, CO2 on different types of incubators using the most accurate methodologies and devices.
- Basic knowledge of Quality Control and Assessment
- Set up of dishes and media for ICSI
- Micromanipulator and pipette set up
- Overview of the ICSI technique
- Sperm analysis, preparation, selection and capture
- Overview of the different biopsy techniques
- Assisted hatching in fresh and frozen embryos and blastocyst
- Oocyte and embryo vitrification
Team of embryologists providing the training:
Gloria Calderón, PhD; Nuno Costa-Borges, PhD; Enric Mestres, MSc; Ivette Vanrell, MSc; María García, MSc and Mònica Acacio, Msc.
Certificate of attendance will be awarded to participants completing the workshop for a total of 24 hours
Date: Three days upon request (from 10h a.m. – 6h p.m.)
Price: 3000 Euros (+ VAT if applicable)
Depending on your experience and needs we can modify the training course by adding extra days to the course.
Avenida Doctor Marañón, 8
Parc Científic de Barcelona
08028 Barcelona, Spain